Re: Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 22:52:22 EST

><< Did you pull the 5.9 out of a ´93 Ram, with the Ram SBEC, or are you using
> <<a Dakota stock or MP SBEC? Curious, because I´m thinking seriously of doing
> <<the same thing.
>
>The 5.9 is out of a 93 B-Van with the SBEC. I didnt have any problems at all
>with it running in my dak. I'm now using a Mopar 93 HIPO computer in it and
>that is for a Ram but it works in my Dak.
>Eric

Aha! I suspected as much. This is very good news.

Chrysler doesn´t (or at least didn´t in ´93 before the new Ram caused sales
tes
tike an F-16) spend a lot of money on tuning engine computers in
truck applications. This would seem to be pretty good evidence that they
develop a powertrain package - engine, SBEC, tranny, exhaust - and squeeze
it into multiple applications with l

Oh Goodie!

Jim