I responded to Not a happy camper.

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 23:37:39 EST

I responded to him telling about the $38,000.00 worth of
repairs I had to do to a 91 GMC Syclone in 6 years and 59k
miles I owned before I bought the 99 R/T. That was the 1
and ONLY GMC/Chevrolet truck I EVER expect to own. The F150
before that shelled out the mainbearings in 49K miles so I
don't want another one of those either. The only good
trucks i had hwew a 74 LUV (Isuzu) and a 89 Shelby Dakota
(sold to a neighbor who has put over 100k on it with no
major problems. In my mind the Dodge truck line seems to be
the only really durable one out there. I've seen many Rams
with 225s, 318s and 360s go way past 250k before engine
failures. I know of 1 Cordoba with a 360 in it that blew an
engine at 311k miles due to a broken radiator hose. His
service man was sure mad because he wanted to see how much
further it could go. When it burned up from overheating it
was only using 1 quart of oil per tankfull of gas.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC