Re: Re: Drop Base For 14" FABM Type Setup(attn:Bob&Ryan)

From: Mike Sype (blue98dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 08:43:50 EST

I didn't send it yet, I got to involved in the Manger stuff yesterday.
 Sorry. I'll get it out today.

---Ryan Krokosinski <eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com> wrote:

<HR>
<HTML>
Thanks for the info Mike,
<BR>If you sent a word document I didn't get it.  Also, what problems
are you having?

<P>Ryan K
<BR>'99 R/T RC

<P>Mike Sype wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Bob and Ryan,  the part number for the Eledbrock
14 x 3 air filter
<BR>assembly is #1221.  You will also need the 1/2" spacer pn#8093
so you
<BR>can clear the alternator brace, this is also made by Eledbrock.
You
<BR>will also need do make a s-bolt that is longer than the stock bolt
for
<BR>you air hat.  I have enclosed a word doc and I hope it looks ok.
It
<BR>is kinda crude but it will work.  Also, the k&n element p/n
is 1650.
<BR>Shop around maybee you can find an air filter assembly that is
cheaper
<BR>but with the same spec's as the Eledbrock.  If i remember right
it ran
<BR>me about 50$ for the assembly...Don't quote me on that...

<P>Well Im having problems adding my attachment for somereason.  I'll
<BR>send it under the title "s-bolt".
<BR>By the way the bracket that holds the air hat on actually blocks a
<BR>portion of each throttle bore.  So this s-bolt can't hurt even
if your
<BR>using the stock air intake system.

<P>---Mike Sype <blue98dakota@yahoo.com> wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> Hey, I'll look up the part numbers when I leave work today and let
you
<BR>> guys know Monday morning.  Mike
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>> ---Ryan Krokosinski <eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com> wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> <HR>
<BR>> <HTML>
<BR>> Has anyone out there used a drop base with their FABM setups on a
<BR>5.2 or
<BR>> 5.9?
<BR>> <BR>I'm trying to get a little more hood clearance for my Ram-Air
box
<BR>> and
<BR>> was
<BR>> <BR>wondering if anyone knew "how low I can go" with a drop base
<BR>without
<BR>> hitting other
<BR>> <BR>components.  Any input would be much appreciated.
<BR>>
<BR>> <P>Ryan K
<BR>> <BR>'99 R/T RC</HTML>
<BR>>