Re: Ram Air Inlet

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 09:02:44 EST

Ryan

What I'm trying to do (like most others, I imagine) is to
get more and colder air into the throttle body.

The ram air type system is one option.

What I saw in the pictures was that the air duct on the
passenger side ran directly to the left of the radiator
(that's good). The one on the driver side went down and
towards the firewall a bit (to clear parts) and then came
towards the front where it was mounted to the right and
below the license plate holder (that's the one that concerns
me).

Were there any crimps in the duct as it wound it's way
to the front? How much clearance to the ground was there
as it came forward. In my case, I have a grille guard on
which is an inch or two lower than the front facia.

Finally, beyond looking super, did you notice any performance
improvements with the system.

Any feedback would be most appreciated and if I decide on this
type of system, I'll, no doubt, be asking for any tips you may
have in the installation.

Thanks

B.Tom

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response. My e-mail software cannot read
your messages and converts them. I have to drop out of Windows and
read them in DOS. Unfortunately, it also the formatting codes embedded
with the message.