Re: Re[2]: '97 CC V8 4WD WON'T START

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 11:38:20 EST

<< Did they tell you how much this would cost
 if it wasn't under warranty?? Just wondering if I should start saving now!

My 93 Dakota went through 3 fuel pumps and sending units while under
warranty....this last time it went out was at 75,000 miles so I had to do
replace it myself.....I want to say that the dealer entire module, which
included the pump and sending unit was $185......NAPA carried them also for
$145, plus it was a different design, still a Carter pump, just different
design. I didnt want to try the dealer's pump again and have to take it out in
15,000 miles like the others had done. The NAPA one have now been in for
20,000 miles with no problem. It was an interesting journey dropping the gas
tank and all that went with it.....took me and a friend about 5 hours
total.....but I think I save ALOT of $$$$ rather than having the dealer techs
do it...
Kyle