RE: RE:I'm back and see this sh*t

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 14:08:58 EST

The DeAnza College Auto Shop (San Jose, CA) uses a 911 Porsche with a SB
Chevy 350 for their autocross events. So far, it been pretty much
undefeated.

As for the VW's beating Daks...When I used to Bracket-Race at Sears Point,
there were quite a few 10-12 second bugs. VERY respectable bugs at that.
And most of them weren't running anything bigger than 2350cc engines.

Remember the Rotary motors also...they make the most horsepower per cubic
inch than any other engine available. You can squeeze close to 400HP out of
a (almost) stock 13B Rotary with just some porting and better
induction/exhaust. (And it's still only 1300cc's using 3 rotors!) *
Remember though...Rotary engines are 2-Stroke motors...not 4-Stroke as some
would choose to believe.

I admit...I love my Dak, wouldn't give it up for any other truck in its
class, but still respect the other ones out there because ya never know what
they really have under the hood. (Look and sound can be very deceiving.)