Re: '89 Dak Leaking water(clear)from under dash air ducts

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 20:25:47 EST

Been there, done that....

Your AC condesation drain is plugged...Its a little black hose thingy that
comes out of the friewall right above the passenger side exhaust downpipe,
slightly toward center of vehicle......

It is probably clogged with smutz of some type....pick it clean, and I'll
bet a whole buncha water will drain from your truck!!

(If ya dont have AC, thats a different story....hmmmmMm>>>>)

At 10:13 AM 12/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>My wife is not impressed! Rained here in Ky. over the weekend. We were out
>doing some Christmas shopping and as I turned a sharp left turn, she let out
>a blood-curdling scream that nearly put me in the ditch. Seems some, well,
>more than just some really cold, wet water came pouring out of the heater
>duct on the passenger side of the Dak and straight into her shoe.
>
>It was OK though after I told her not to put her foot under the heater
>thingy. (Yeah, right!)
>
>Anyhow, haven't had a chance to look into the situation yet, thought maybe
>someone would have some suggestions on where to look for the source of this
>discomfort.
>
>Bill F.

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!