Mopar Nationals (Gene & Jon)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 00:11:14 EST

Hey Gene -

I know this is a ways off and I know you probably have enoughto do , but
are you actually going to try and semi-organize this ?

If so , maybe we can get it listed in the "Dakota Mailing List Event
Profiles" on the DML homepage ?

Not trying to volunteer you for anything , just thought it may help to
drum-up interest in getting ready now for going to the Nats .

I am willing to help in any way possible , but I have never been to the
Nats and I have no idea who to contact about anything there .

Let me know if I can be of help with anything .

At 08:46 PM 12/8/98 EST, you wrote:
>Yes, the Mopar Nationals are held in Columbus, OH. I don't have the date
>right in front of me, but it is in August, usually the second weekend
>(actually its Thur-Sun). I was this year as some of you will remember. And
>met a fellow DML'er who was from Reynoldsburg, the home of Brice Rd.
>
>It is a very good idea to start planning NOW if you want to go. Hotel space
>gets pretty scarce, so it's a good idea to get reservations way in advance.
>Wait until the last minute and you will pay $100 a night. The wife and I
>stayed in a B&B this year and loved it! But it was a 40 minute drive to the
>track. There is a closer B&B that has room for about 12 or so guests. I
>think its $55 a night (a bargain) and it's close to National Trail Raceway.
>
>I will be going. And I will volunteer to keep a list and check out
>accommodations for us. But we must start early. If you know you can go, e-
>mail me now. You can always back out before registration starts in April or
>so.
>
>I was a semifinalist in the trophy bracket race in my 95 Dak......
>
>I WILL WIN NEXT YEAR (unless Jon can find another tenth) :-)
>
>Gene in Baytown
>95 Dakota SLT, RC, SB, 5.2L Claret Red P.C.
>99 R/T, CC, Deep Amethyst P.C.
>68 Charger R/T, 440-4, Plum Crazy
>www.flash.net/~mamopar/index.html.htm
>ICQ#23787964