RE: Off Road Areas in Texas

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 01:54:43 EST

Hmmmm........2 hours is possible if you haul some big ass! The fastest
I've ever made it to San Marcos from here is about 2.5 hours. Now, if you
keep within the confines of the law, it's probably 3.5 to 4 hours. A lot
of what is out here is loose dirt hill climbs, mudding, and stuff like
that. In January, there is a local 4x4 club meet that sounds like fun.
They also had a mini Jeep Jamboree (sp??) that was pretty popular. I
didn't go, though. I've seen VERY few Dakotas off-roading out here. Most
of them are CJ's and Z71's.

I've heard that there are some fun places in Llano to go off-roading and
trail riding. I've never been there, though. You might want to check with
them, or see if there are any 4x4 clubs or trails there.

Good luck, and tell me if you find anything.

Brian