Re: Winter Weight, was thanks to all

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 15:59:13 EST

On putting weight in the bed for snow traction:

I posted on 1 Dec 98 (from the archives):

-quote-
Hi Folks:

I have a winterizing tip for those with wheel hop,
something I learned from my father:

Take two of the 13 gallon (or larger)rubbermaid bins
and fill them with sand/salt mixture from your town's
highway dept. and put them in the bed towards the rear
Put the top on them and lash them down with rubber ties.
Cut the handle off a round shovel. You'll have some
extra weight (reduces wheel hop) and improves your traction.
If you get stuck on ice (use your 4x4 ;) pop the top off a
bin and throw some sand down.
-end quote-