JBA header group buy ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 16:05:30 EST

OK guys -

I had some involvement in the JBA group header buy this past year for the
DML and I am going to go ahead and start gathering names for another
possible buy around the end of January or so .

The headers that we got last time were Stainless Steel with an option for
Ceramic Coating . The application was for 1992-1999 Dodge Ram , Dakota and
Durango , 2wd or 4wd auto. or manual (V8 only I believe, but I will check
again when we get closer to the time) . Therefor , it won't be limited to
only members of these two mailing lists . You can tell anyone you know with
any of these vehicles to join in if they wish for the same great deal .

Last time , we had enough interest to get us a price of under $400 after
shipping for the Stainless Steel Ceramic Coated version , if you opt notto
get the coating , it's about $100 less .

Last time , we had to place all of our orders through one person at JBA ,
but we did nothave to order as a group and could order for a period of
about one month or so . You could also use a credit card which helped many
people .

I am just starting now to see how much interest there is for such a buy to
see if it is worth it to approach them with this , but after the last buy ,
they were more than happy to invite the DML back for another buy around
January or so cuz we pretty much cleaned em out on production .

If anyone wants to try and see if they can get a better deal on headers
somewhere else , just let me know . I really haven't searched around for
another supplier cuz most everyone was fairly happy with the price and
sercie we got last time .

I encourage anyone who wants to try for a better deal though .

After we decide what we want to go with and guage the interest , then we
can make a go of it .

The JBAs come with headers , gaskets , bolts , and instructions . They are
shorty type headers that do not require any cutting or welding and they
bolt directly to the factory downpipes . Estimated install time for a
person with reasonable knowledge and some tools should be about 4-6 hours .

Let me know what you think .
Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net