re: Bedliner/Tonneau

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 18:21:00 EST

I have the York Load Lock in mine and have been pretty happy with it.
The load lock feature is actually pretty handy to have, one 2x4 for each
segment and
you can keep small loads from sliding around. Mine goes up to under the bed
'rails'.
Yes, my bed rails are scratched up, but I use my truck as a truck. It hauls
alot of stuff
from moving friends, organics (cow shit, etc.), dead deer, construction
material, and on and on.

I take the liner out once a year (easy to remove) to wash out the bed and
wax the bed for a little extra protection. Only VERY minor scratchs
underneath, and this is on a '95. It really comes down to the realistic
level of use you see your truck getting as to what you need. If you are
planning on putting a tonneau cover on, you'll probably not be loding too
much hevy or messy stuff in the back.

A lot of folks seem to like the Rhino spray in liner, but it sounds hit or
miss as to finding a place to do a good job on the installation.

Just my .02 worth

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK
-------------
Original Text
From GBPACK@SMTPGATE (Bob) {gbpack@freewwweb.com}, on 17/12/1998 6:26 PM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

I'm looking for a bedliner and tonneau cover. A local place
carries York Load Lok liners, Sport Masters soft covers and
A.R.E hard covers. Are these brands decent? How difficult is
it to remove the hard covers. Is it worth the extra cost for the hard?
Can I use an over the rail liner? Any recomendations would be
helpful.
Bob