Re: Eric's true duals Was: Richmond T-56? Was: NV-3500 5-speed

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 14:24:08 EST

<<BTW: I've heard that when you dump duals out to the side, the sound
isn't as
good. (Supposedly you're only hearing 4 cylinders at a time, so it doesn't
sound
as nice as a single or duals that exit in the same place.) I've never heard
a system like that though, so I don't know for sure. ?>>

I run a dual 2.5" system w/ 2 chamber Flowmasters w/ dumps right before the
axle. I get nothing but compliments on it, but it is very, very loud.. I get
the same number of complaints as I do compliments :) it also resonates a
rather deep bass note, deep enough to rattle house windows and the neighbor at
the stop light's rear view mirror.. also loud enough to set off car alarms @
idle ... WOT is ear splitting, especially after the blower... I'd hate to hear
a 3" system w/ 2 chamber mufflers... ouch.

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance