RE: [Fwd: Re: sweet headers for a reasonable price]

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 15:09:41 EST

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Bridges, Bruce wrote:

> Jason,
> Performance wise Id go Leach, except they are only mild steel with a chrome
> plating and will eventually rust. Depends on your "weather" conditions. My
> plated steel Hookers only lasted about 6 years before the rust caused some
> leakage (I live by the beach). Also, In CA I dont think the Leach headers
> are CARB approved for 97-99 Daks, At least not for CA R/Ts... But they will
> probably make the most power...
> BKB's .02

   Yep, with the stock Y pipe, the JBAs are limited in what they can do...
I have coated JBAs with an aftermarket Y pipe, both of which are stainless,
so that part of my exhaust system will probably still be there when I'm
long gone... :-)

  It would be nice if the Leach headers were stainless; I don't have to
worry about my JBAs rusting through and replacing them again; spend
once, use forever. ;-) If I went Leach, I'd definitely get them
ceramic coated (inside and out). That's bound to help add some time
to their life expectancy...

                                              -Jon-