Re: DML Digest V4 #75

From: Randy David (rdavid@vvm.com)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 23:07:27 EST

Yes you can install 6.5's in the doors on the 97 and up Dakota's. I
installed the Kicker Resolution component set in my doors. It is a 6.5 mid
bass driver, with a satellite tweeter mounted in the upper part of the door
panel. If you remove the panel and look up and in front of the handle there
is a template marked for the factory tweeter, this makes an excellent place
to install a tweeter. As far as the 6.5 is concerned, It fit into the
factory pocket and misses the widow completely. The reason I went with the
component set is, if you look at the position of the speaker in the door it
is down low and the fins on the panel are angled downward. So a coaxial
type speaker would be aiming the highs at your feet, that is why I opted for
the seperate tweeter. This combinations sounds awesome in the door of my
truck, I do have an amp on the door speakers, I think it figures out to
about 125 watts per door on the full range. Hopefully this will help you
out.

Randy....