Re: V8 TB on a V6 attn Mike

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 02:55:34 EST

>>>the bore is different from 6 to 8<<<

yep! I know... (evil grin). I have a PreMag 6er, so it may work
differently. I'm thinkin' that the same will hold true as far as the bore
of the two TB's (V8 being somewhat larger.. I hope.. hehe) when refering
to my PreMag situation. If all goes well I'll be able to do the same
thing that MM did with my truck. If not, I'll make it work, dammit =)
hehehe

-mike d.
88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, many mods.

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:20:20 EST Rekker21@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 12/21/98 8:58:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>miggitymike@juno.com writes:
>
><< . I think I'll swap the whole TB from a V8 and stick it on
> there. >>
>Careful there Mike, the bore is different from 6 to 8.
> Mopar Muscle july '97:
> "...V6 owners have another option---install a V8 throttle body.
>OE V6
>throtlle bodies have 1-5/8inch blades, while the V8's are almost 2
>inches. A
>sixer will need to have the manifold's throttle bore holes enlarged to
>2
>inches. On a Mag Six a V8 throttle body is worth about a quarter of a
>second
>and 3 miles per hour."
>Eric

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]