R.I.P mike d's tranny?!!?!!

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 03:20:26 EST

I'm kinda concerned about the well being of my beloved 6er's tranny. I
was spankin' a Ferd this evening, and put er' down to WOT (which I don't
do very often) and it dropped to 1st (around 30mph..we started from a
roll) and wouldn't shift out of 1st!!!!!!! The engine ran right up to the
redline, and then started to do wierd stuff.... sounded like WAAWAAWAAWAA
and the truck was lurching. All of this took place in a bout a 5 second
time frame. I got out of the throttle and rolled to stop in the nearby
bowling alley and let er' sit for a couple hours while I hung out with
some buddies. Went out to the Dak afterwards, anticipating a memorial
service for my Slushy, and it seemed fine! Shifted throught every gear
like a champ.
Here's some stuff that might help in the diagnosing process:
-the truck had been run about 2 miles... still runnin' kinda cool.
-hadn't given' er' a good WOT in about a week or so
-tranny fluid looked good about a week ago, and was at the right level at
that time. Haven't checked it yet (it's dark out)

Can anyone tell me if my tranny is gonna' make it?... sniff sniff =(

-mike d.
88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, many mods.

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]