Re: 6.5's in my doors?!?!?!

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 03:31:11 EST

<< didn't you use the washer to put the window between the cone and the
 magnet or something? I'm just trying to think of a way I can put some 6.5
 Boston Accoustics or MB quarts in there...
 all this thinkin' is startin' to hurt =)

Mike.....all I did was take the 3 screws out of those nasty a$$ paper stock
speaker,unhook it form the wiring, and take a plastic "baffle" or hole reducer
out also(it was taped to the door). This then completely exposed the cavity of
the speaker hole.....I used no washers or no half assed engineering job when I
put the 6.5's into my 93 Dakota 4x4. I just drilled one hole into the metal to
securely mount the speakers to my door since all 3 holes from the factory
didnt line up, only 2 did. I dont do anything half assed on my Dakota, I was
unsure of the fit before I gutted the door, but after it I was shocked how
easy it was to replace the speakers and how much better the 2way
Pioneer's(TS-1648....1 13/15 Depth) sounded!
Kyle