Re: paint matched bumper

From: Trevor Pontbriand (cadex_3@ids.net)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 11:54:49 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: WM96@aol.com <WM96@aol.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998 12:36 PM
Subject: DML: paint matched bumper

>Who's red 4x4 has the red bumper and the grill guard and stuff, and what's
the
>web address? It's a nice truck and I think that since the paint on the
bumper
>of my 97 is peeling already I might have them paint it red to match the
rest
>of my truck.
>
>Will

I think you mean mine. You can find it at
http://users.ids.net/~cadex_3/Dakota.htm
Like other people, the black part of my bumper started to peel. I brought
it to the dealer, and they repainted it (flame red) under warranty. The
dealer said that they had three other people come in with the same problem,
so it seems to be fairly common. This was about 2 months ago, and I've had
no problems so far, except that I chipped the bumper putting the brush guard
back on.

Trevor
'98 Dakota Sport 4x4
http://users.ids.net/~cadex_3/Dakota.htm