Icon = Optimizer (?)

From: Martin (martindt@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 15:53:20 EST

I'm wondering if the Kenne Belle Optimizer is made by Superchip.
Superchip
has in-line unit called the Icon which seem to look like from the
phots.

Here's the PR put out by Superchip on their Icon:

The ICON is designed for use on vehicles, which as yet have been
"unchippable".

The ICON is a high performance engine management computer which
interfaces
with
your car's own ECU, intercepting the ignition pulses and recalibrating
them
based
on a performance ignition map developed specifically for your car. It
uses the
latest PIC microcontroller, running at 4 million instructions per second
-
4 times faster than most current manufacturer's ECU's. A new ignition
value
and advance pulse is calculated for each and every spark giving your
vehicle
more mid-range torque and added throttle response, with power increases
around 10%.
(This figure could be high depending on your vehicle.)

Although this could be called "leading edge high-technology" it's simple
install.
You can improve your vehicle's performance by connecting just 4 wires (6
on
some models).
The ICON is reliable - if it were to fail, a built in fail-safe circuit
would allow you
to continue driving using the vehicles original ECU.

We also offer an optional software package, which will allow you to
alter your
ICON's program by using a standard PC. The ignition timing is adjustable

from the
base program up to 20 degrees of advance or retard from 1200 RPMs to7200
RPMs.
The ICON comes with a one-year manufacturer's warranty.

Superchip e-mailed me a couple months ago saying that they did not make
a computer for my '97 Dak but said that the Icon would work. They did
not
give a price on the Icon.

I am under the impression the Optimizer is part of the Kenne Belle's
supercharger
package.

Anybody know any more on these two items?

DML,
The optimizer is like the JETII plugs in series with the computer. It is
part of the supercharger kit
and it's programmable. If I ever get the money for the supercharger the
computer can be reprogrammed for 50.00 with the supercharger maps.
I can't remember, but someone scanned info on the optimizer anyone know
the link? I'm # one in line for the optimizer computer.

--
Martin Tolentino

99 Dakota R/T CC