More ways to gain speed !!!

From: Kev99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 12:28:28 EST

        Hey, I went to the track last night to run my R/T which wasn't that great due
to tons of fog (high humidity) and it wasn't that cool out. I was looking to
break my 14.8 but the best I could do is a 14.9. There was a guy that came up
to me and started talking about my truck and said he has a '94 that runs a
12.9 so I started to listen. He gave me tons of ideas on low cost mods to
make. I am in florida and he said there is a place called SuperChips in
Orlando that will re-do my whole computer and spend a whole day with it on the
dyno to optimize it for like $300 he said he gained 28hp. I of course asked
about mine being an OBDII and he said they can work with those. He also said
to take the clamp off of the end of the leaf springs and it will hook better
and not affect anything else. He didn't have his truck out there but he did
have a Viper GTS coupe. It ran an 11.8@121 he took me for a ride and we got
going 140 in like 8 seconds. I love Dakotas and all but good god, I want a
Viper. I am suposed to call him soon about the Chip thing and he is gonna
take his Dakota out to the track soon, so i'm gonna be getting more info from
him. I wanna make my truck REAL fast but I don't wanna spend tons of money to
do so, and I think this guy can help.

Kevin Wagner.
'99 Black R/T