ICON...

From: Michael Marx (mbm@dadesvc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 13:17:50 EST

Jason/Bob

>If you are about 45 from Superchips that places you close to my
neighborhood.... Have you heard any word on a R/T solution.... I
emailed them, and all I received was a cut out from the ICON part of the
web page.... I have yet to snag pricing on one of there models... I
would assume the ICON for any new 360 would be the same, correct????? I
don't see Dodge changing the engine between the first year and the next.
>Maybe tweak it here and there.....

As stated by another list member, The ICON is a add on unit.
I'm not so sure that it plugs into the computer, it may have
more to do with the ignition, namely the coil. If you read the
info on the website, they had to use 2 ICON's for a Maxima
due to it having 4 coils. If the ICON were piggy backed to
the computer, only one unit would have been required.
Maybe it involves both the coil and computer, I dunno...

Sally Wales from SuperChips indicated that the ICON
would work on ANY Dodge truck. You can speak
with Steve Madole, SuperChips chief programmer
for additional info.

Personally, I'll wait for Hypertech or somebody
like Ron Zimmer to reprogram stock computers and
add other features like shift firmness, rev limiters and
speed limiters rather than a piggy back type set-up.

The BIGGEST problem is that GM/Ford have such a
large share of the market that the programmers can hardly
keep up with demand, let alone develop new programming
for a complete car/truck line. It's just supply and demand!!!

So, pick-up that phone and let's see if we can get something
to happen!!!

Mike Marx
'98 Durango