Re: No Shift-kit

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 22:54:57 EST

In the early 70s I worked in a trans shop as a r&r
mechanic. The mechanic who rebuilt the trannys examined
what was in the shit kit of the day and found he could
duplicate most of the shift kit improvements with a drill
bit. Back then (727 days) there were NO electronic trannys
on anything. I believe an improved 1-2 shift is all most
people want or need from a shift kit. I also believe there
is nothing to be gained from shifting at a higher than stock
rpm on a stock magnum. If I hold my R/T in 1 or 2 beyond
the stock shift of about 4600 rpm I get worse times
according to my G-Tech. 2k miles on my truck. Let us know
what you find out!!
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC