Re: V10 for Durango?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 04:11:40 EST

At 01:14 AM 12/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>A V10 Durango would be stupid. Who would by these trucks? Probably less

   I ask myself "who would buy that?" for most of the vehicles I see on
the road today! ;-) To each his own I guess. Look at it this way...
At least they're stuffing a big engine into a great vehicle, rather than
coming out with some Kia-like tiny mini-ute. :-)

>people than the Viper. This truck would not be as fast as the Viper and
>probably more expensive so who is the target market? Plus considering it
>probably is the truck V10 and not the vipers it gets about 9 mpg. Who want
>that if you don't need the towing capabilities of the engine. It sounds great
>in theory but than so does communism. This is a totally impractical truck.
>Chrysler should just stick with the SP Durango if the rumor is even true.

    Yep, this truck probably wouldn't appeal to the "speed" faction,
especially since it probably would be the truck V10. (actually, the Durango
in general probably doesn't...) But some people just want the biggest engine
they can get... :-) Also, I think the Durango can already tow something
like 7,000lbs, so the V10 would probably jack that number up even more. A
great alternative for a family that needs a lot of seating or cargo room
(they're immediately limited to a minivan or sport ute), but also needs to
tow some big stuff.

  This vehicle would be perfect for someone needing a lot of seating
room who is faced with the possibility of having to buy another
vehicle just to tow a large boat or something.

                                               -Jon-