Re: V10 for Durango?

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 12:08:22 EST

I would certainly be on the list of potential buyers.  I've never owned a practical vehicle in my life.  I currently have a Corvette 6spd (Loud, Fast, 8-9 mpg, no back seats, no cargo space) and my R/T (Loud, Fast, 11mpg on a good tank, no back seat, cargo space that looks uncool when used).  My Vette' has been a parts money pit and my R/T will be as well.  That's what I like.  Too bad if I can't take any more than one person.  Any ways, the market sector that this truck would apply to is the same niche that buys the Vipers & Prowlers.  These are the people that pay $100,000+ cdn for a Hummer just to pick up groceries in.  Alot (not all) of these people are made of money and love cars that are "cool".  I know several of them.
I wish I was one of them.:(

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

BlKV8Dkota@aol.com wrote:

A V10 Durango would be stupid.  Who would by these trucks?  Probably less
people than the Viper.  This truck would not be as fast as the Viper and
probably more expensive so who is the target market?  Plus considering it
probably is the truck V10 and not the vipers it gets about 9 mpg.  Who want
that if you don't need the towing capabilities of the engine.  It sounds great
in theory but than so does communism.  This is a totally impractical truck.
Chrysler should just stick with the SP Durango if the rumor is even true.

Josh