Re: V-10 vs. Dakota Attn: Elmer

From: B Gecko (gecko517@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 25 1998 - 23:42:56 EST

It was in an article in a 4-wheel drive magazine. I believe it was
tested at the rear wheels. I can say it probably is very accurate
because I have driven one and they are no where near the Dodge V-10.
I seen somewhere that there was a guy wanting to put a Triton V-10 in
some kind of ford car. Maybe I should have suggested for him to drop
in a Magnum 360 for a weight reduction and better performance.

---Elmer Hanhart <hanharte@swbell.net> wrote:

> You might want to check those #'s again on the Ford V10, I don't
> remember the exact numbers, but I know they are higher than that.
Where
> did you get this info from? Are these supposed to be rear-wheel #'s?
> Even if they are rear-wheel, I still find it hard to believe.
>
> Erich
>

> B Gecko wrote:
> >
> > My father-in-law has a 3/4 V-10 Ram with an auto tranny and 4.10
gears
> > and I have no problem beating it anywhere. The truck sports monster
> > torque which does its designed job of pulling his 36' fifth-wheel
> > camper. The truck is capable of a 1/4 mile pass of around 16.5
sec. in
> > its stock form. A new '99 1-ton dually makes a 1/4 mile pass at 17.3
> > sec. and 77.7 mph.
> > BTW The new Ford Triton V-10 is a real roach. 180 h.p. and 280 lb.
ft.
> > of torque. I can't wait to pair up with one next summer at the
lights.

> > ==
> > black '97 Sport RC
> > 318 5-speed 3.55 SG