Re: Motor gone bad

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 26 1998 - 10:21:37 EST

<< In my (not)professional opinion, I would get a 360 out of something, and
 do the same to it as you have done to you 318. Cam, Headers, 360HP comp,
 5 speed, MP heads, MPI TB, MP manifold, roller rockers, 3" exhaust,
 bullet-proof bottom end, beefy valve springs..... oh, and a big honkin'
 SUPERCHARGER!!!! =)

 that's what I would do, anyway =)
 good luck man =)

Thats sounds good, unfortunately, I live in California. The 360 swap would
not be legal, and (get this!!!) could lead to permanent impoundment of my
truck! I hate CA!!! Anyways, the 318 is staying, but it is gonna get some
head work, and a stout bottom end. I started tearing it apart yesterday, I
still have to remove the heads. So far, I know I have at least 1 broken
connecting rod, 1 broken piston,1 dented oil pan, 3 bent pushrods, 2 bent
valves, and probably a badly hurt crank. My friends always said that I knew
how to blow up a motor!!!!!

Brad