Re: Motor gone bad

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 17:42:12 EST

>>>So far, I know I have at least 1 broken
connecting rod, 1 broken piston,1 dented oil pan, 3 bent pushrods, 2 bent
valves, and probably a badly hurt crank.<<<

Thinkin' of gettin' a Billet Crank? They are lighter and stronger, so it
may aid in your quest for big HP =) I'm starting to save for some MP
heads for my 6er. They make an intake manifold too, so I know where my
money is goin' =) Are your heads gonna' make it? If not 360 HEADS!!!
hehehe =) My policy if to replace stuff that breaks with performance
parts. If I were in your shoes (and had some cash) I would get some
lighter forged pistons, stronger rods, chromoly pushrods, new valves with
a 3 angle, and a Billet Crank. Big money, but you may never have to
replace them, or worry about whether they can handle the power your
puttin' in em'. Just my 0.02 =)
good luck!

-mike d.
88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau,
and more.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
miggitymike@juno.com

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]