Re: FW: Rubbing salt in the wounds

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 19:41:50 EST

Patrick Delgado wrote:

> ----------
> From: "Patrick Delgado" <dadoctah@worldnet.att.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Rubbing salt in the wounds
> Date: Sun, Dec 27, 1998, 10:02 PM
>
> As you all may have heard, I lost(not by much, though) to a Mustang on
> Christmas eve. Today, while I was walking around K-mart's, this guy that
> seemed somewhat familiar approached me. He asked "What did Steve do to you?"
> I said "Steve who? I don't know any Steve" He laughed and said "Oh,now you
> don't know who Steve is, but I'd bet you know his Mustang. Haha".
>
> What is this crap? People I don't even know are in on my darkest secret. I
> NEED THOSE HEADERS BADLY!!! How quickly can this group buy go down? I may
> not be able to wait. My rep's in jeopardy. Is there a significant
> difference between the Jet I and II on a 97 V-8 with freed-up intake and
> exhaust systems? I don't want to change the stat unless It makes a
> significant difference.
>
> I finally may have to take that crappy Paxton out of the closet and send it
> to be rebuilt.
>
> dadoctah@worldnet.att.net

        Doc, I'd go to the Dodge dealership if there is one on the Island and
give them a low ball price like 400.00 and ask if they can match it. If
not, you can order the Leach headers direct. I'd bet the group purchase
isn't going to save significant money for time invested, if you need
some Mustang killin' horsepower now. I paid 440.00 = tax from my
dealership, I believe the dml was working on a price of 430.00? I
wouldn't wait for 10.00 savings. Just my opinion, nothing more intended.
Alan S.