Re: Parts damage count!!!!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 23:06:49 EST

<< Hey, I haven't been around long enough to remember that trick. :-)
What's
 the deal with turning the pistons around? My gut says there must be a
downside
 or they'd do it that way from the factory. Why turn around the pistons and
 alter the carefully designed combustion chamber? >>

The pistons are mounted offset to lesson engine noise, but they also put more
load (aka: friction) on the cylinder walls. Turning them around reduces
friction and is good for a little more power. Maybe 5-10hp.

Brad