Re: 15" Tire Advice Needed - Attn Dale

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 07:34:16 EST

<<<I am running 215/15 and 3.92 rear, I am going to LT235/75/15. My local
parts
   guy insists that my speedo in computer programmed . My service manual shows
   changing the gear. Is there any way I can get the gear part # for the
   different tire/gear combos so I can order the proper part? According to my
   GPS receiver my speedo is right on with the 215 tires.>>>

I will assume that your local parts guy is with a Dodge dealer.
What is needed is a replacement of the speedometer pinion. He should
be able to find the one with the correct number of teeth.

When I switched to 235 from 215, I told him the year of the truck,
the size of the new tire and the gear ratio on the truck. Unfortunately,
the number on the package that I have is for a 3.55 rear.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)