Re: 99 RT headrers

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 09:09:03 EST

Jim,
Why not save yourself the trip and call Mike Leach? 714-639-5220. I bet you
find out what the difference is in less than 5 minutes compared to how ever
long it will take to get to the exhast shop. Remember, this is the guy that
made them for your truck!
just my .02
John
98 Dak
installing Leach/Mopar headers New Years Day!

<snip>
I plan to take the truck and the headers to a muffler shop for an opinion.
I know
it will be necessary to build a different Y pipe with places for 2 O2
sensors and
dual 2" outlets to go to the cat. Maybe he can use the Mopar 2.5" Y pipe,
weld in
threaded places for the sensors, and cut it apart at the original Y
collector and
weld on some pipe and reducers to fit into the cat. There HAS to be a way.
Ane I
dont think the collectors run that close to the oil pan. Just wondering
about the
difference in the tranny or its pan. Could that be a problem?
<unsnip>