RE:DML Firestone Air Ride

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 11:47:52 EST

>Shaun, Did you add these to ease the ride in a lowered truck??? Bob

   Actually, no. I know that is a popular use for them, but I'm using mine to
"level" the truck when I have a load in the bed, and also to smooth the ride
out in the bed. I carry AV gear around in the dak quite a bit of the time and
not only is it heavy enough to just compress the springs and bring the
headlights up, it also needs as smooth of a ride as possible. This Air-Ride
system fit the bill exactly.
   It sits between the axle and the frame. You don't remove the leaf springs
so there's no suspension modifications: your warranty should remain totally
intact. It can "lift" the back of the truck to the maximum point the leaf
springs will allow. They also smooth out the ride with about 10-20psi in
them, but it lifts the truck more than I like at that point so I keep about
2-5psi in them.

Shaun H.