RE: 5-spd man probs (kinda long)

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 18:40:32 EST

I hear the same thing on my dak. The whine starts when stopped but if the
clutch is in the whine stops. Haven't thought about taking it in. The tranny
is strong, takes my beatings off road, speed shifts ect. Because the tranny
has been so reliable I have not investigated the noise.

There is one thing that bothers me though and that is when the clutch
engages when the pedal is released. When it was new it engaged mid span,
then later it started to engage higher and higher now I barley push in the
pedal to use the clutch.

Is yours the same way?

Joel
http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm