99 Dak

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 19:47:59 EST

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:48:23 -0500
From: pschaeffer@nitsuko.com
Subject: [none]

Paul Schaeffer@NITSUKO
12-29-98 03:48 PM

I'm a first time pick-up owner, with a 1999 Dakota Sport 4x2, since 9/98.
Love the truck but it has a few bugs. An interior light that is affected
by the emergency brake pedal position,

---> sounds like a loose connection ... door switch for interior light is
near the E brake.

a drivers side door that doesn't
close properly

--> get the dealer's body shop to adjust it ... forcing will wear the hinges.

 and a whistling sound from underneath, like air through a
hole in the exhaust somewhere.

--> while you're moving? I had a wind whistle caused by an improperly
installed seal on the passenger side mirror.

 Also, concerned about snow travel here in
CT. Should I buy chains and how much weight to put in the bed?

--> enough weight to give traction, but not so much to lose steering or
easily lock up front brakes, try a couple of hundred pounds over the rear
wheels and go up or down as necessary. A good set of snow tires will help.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada