Re: Brain F#RT

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 14:11:33 EST

Gordon Adams wrote:

> I am very sad (and I think I speak for most other DML racers and racers
> to be) that about the confusion. I think that maybe we should organize a
> little informal DML meet in the area to liven all of our spirits. What
> better place to liven spirits than Hooters. As a new DMLer, I was
> surprised that there weren't more informal events where we can all show
> off our daks. They just opened a new Hooters a couple of months back off
> of Corporate (or Round Grove depending on the direction you are going).
> There is also a smooth (very quiet) four lane industrial type road a
> block back behind there. I think maybe we should attempt to organize
> something. What do you think.
>
> >Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:42:15 -0800
> >From: Alan Short <ashort@flash.net>
> >To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> >Subject: DML: Brain F#RT
> >
> >Hey DFW racers. Once again I spazzed out when I told everyone about the
> >1st weekend of racing at the Motorplex. The calender posted is a 1998
> >and since the season is over and the track closed, I just took for
> >granted that the dates were '99. Not so. Anyway the dates were FEB
> 8-15,
> >supposed to be on Sundays, thanks to Andre, I found out that the FEB
> >8-15 in '99 are Mondays. 1st clue. So anyhow, I e-mailed the track and
> >it came back unsent, maybe they changed e-mail accts. or something.
> >Sooo, put aside the notion of racing those weekends until I find out
> for
> >sure what the dates are. This includes the Foriegn/Domestic Sootout
> >dates as well and I'll be taking down the events page invite. Sorry for
> >the confusion, story of my life. Alan S. (sniffle)

        Gordon and dml, I was thinking that the dates for '99 will be similar
with respect to opening dates for the track. The offices at the track
are closed until Monday after New Year. I will give them a call about
when we can race for the first time in '99, I'm as anxious to race as
anyone. When I know something solid, I'll post it. I don't normally cry
wolf, it was just a mistake. Alan S.