RE: DML Digest V4 #101

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 08:23:06 EST

>RF adapters have been around for a few years. I've never used one,
>but I hear they work very well (I have cousins in the car stereo
>business). However, I've only heard of them being hooked up to CD
>changers and not single portable-type CD players.

This reminds me of what I did when I drove a HMMWV for the army.

I took a GM radio, two speakers, and a CB and placed them in a
plywood box. I went to Rat Shack (radio shack) and got to beefy
spring clips (like what's on jumper cables, but smaller) to supply
power.

The point of this rambling: the radio didn't have a cassette so I
bought
an RF adapter thingy. My section SGT brought his portable cd player -
it sounded great! (even in a hummer). The trip from Pittsfield MA to
Fort Drum NY was shortened quite a bit by that lil radio...

-travis
'97 CC Sport+ v8 5spd (with a Pioneer CD/Receiver & Infinity Spkr
upgrade)