Re[4]: Tranny fluid

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 23:18:40 EST

This email has been edited for humor :-)

<<snip>>

<<The hardest part of the whole thing was working around the #$%^#$
y-pipe!!!! Unbolt the pan, being careful to SPILL the fluid everywhere like I
did. Drop the filter (more fluid comes out...woohoo!). Then spend an hour
manually cleaning the gasket off the pan (wish I had a dremel tool or
something). Then just bolt it back together, and if you're lucky like me,
you'll spill fluid all over the y-pipe and your truck will stink after you start
it up =). I bought 5 quarts of tranny fluid and only used 4, but buy an extra
one just in case "you spill one all over yourself" (sic).

Hope that helps!!>>

Thanks Brian. This helps more than you know! I nearly peed my pants laughing
when I read this (I cut it down to the funny parts that almost killed me :-) I
thought I was the only one that made an unholy mess doing *simple* jobs... If I
had your writing style, I'd tell you what a mess I made swapping out the stupid
thermostat! Hey look it's a green giser! :0)

Thanks again.

T.