Went to the exhaust specialties shop

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 12:21:02 EST

I took in my truck to get a custom Y pipe installed. They fabricated one
with 2 1/2" tubing and WOW, big increase! I barley touch the pedal and it
goes, its so much better with a free flowing exhaust. The cost was 190 bucks
and they did a great job. Well worth the money. The guy showed me the old Y
pipe and the tubes are only 1 1/2 going into the bottom of the Y. That's a
big bottle neck. On top of this my exhaust rattle is gone which appeared
after the mopar cat back install.

for those who live in or near Seattle WA and interested in ditching their
stock Y:

Ballard Exhaust Specialties
4901 15th Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107-4720