Leach header install (John)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 15:15:31 EST

John, since tomorrow is the day for the header install, I thought I'd
tell you about a couple of things to look out for. 1st, I left the old
manifold studs in the center of the head, it made the install easier.
You can just hang the new headers on them instead of having to hold them
up while threading the bolts. You will have to re-use the old
nuts/spacers and "walk" them on due to the recess in the tube for bolt
relief. You'll see what I mean. 2nd, you'll have to pull all the slack
out of the drivers side 02 sensor wires to make it stretch to it's new
location in the header. Depending on how much will give easily, you may
even have to find where the slack is pinned to the firewall to relieve
it. Last, the passenger side floorboard heat shield has 2 bolts that
protrude through from the inside out. Cut or grind these off. The heat
shield itself is a close fit to the headers and may require a little
tweak also. Fit and thread EVERYTHING before tightening anything. Good
luck, hope this will help. Alan S.