Fog Lamps

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 16:23:38 EST

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:07:07 -0500
From: Thomas Wood <twood1@PHEAA.ORG>
Subject: Re: DML: While were on the subject of lights...

I'll second this as far as the use of the foglights go. I use mine all the
time also. Twice they have saved me from hitting a deer because I could
see it running along the shoulder of the road. When my girlfriend was
driving my Dak one night and I was driving her car, I passed her on the
road I live on. Yes the fog lights are bright, but don't stare into the
light and they aren't bad.

Yes foglamps are bright and blinding to oncoming drivers...maybe they are
all out of adjustment. Highbeams are bright too... but not too bad if you
don't stare into them. Since I don't have foglamps, by your logic, I guess
it's ok to leave the highs on too!

Don't think so, don't want to set myself up for a head on collision 'cause
the other guy could'nt see
the road.

I believe that are called fog lamps because they are supposed to be
designed to improve visibility in the FOG. If you are using them all the
time as driving lamps, then you should turn them off when another vehicle
approaches, or wire them with your high beams.

My thoughts on the subject.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.