Re: 3.55 to 3.90 Gear Swap.

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 21:52:25 EST

Are you doing it for added pulling power or performance? The reason is, I've seen
several similar trucks run at the strip with 3.55s and 3.90s and there is very
little performance difference. Even had a friend go from 3.55 to 4.10s and he
didn't gain much if any in 60ft or 1/4mile ET. If you do it, you should go with a
higher stall convertor to take full advantage. I have 3.90s and a 5spd BTW.

Andre Mauboussin
95 14.7@93.5mph