Mike Leach/Mopar header install part 1

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 14:45:12 EST

OK,
I started working on the truck at 10:45am this morning, and have just
completed the disassembley of the factory exhaust including the Y-pipe. It
is now 1:35pm so that means it has taken 2 hours and 50 minutes. This
included moving cars around and moving the truck into the middle of the
garage and the front end up on ramps. I also had to run to Home Depot for a
LONG extention to reach the collector bolts. I don't know how long that
took, but probably between 30 and 40 minutes. I had to beat on the slip
joint that mates the Y-pipe to the cat converter inlet pipe for nearly an
hour to get the two seperated as well. All in all, it is going very smooth.
The drivers side manifold was absolutely cake coming out since I removed the
battery and the passenger side was only a mile nuisance since the high
pressure line for the A/C is right where you need to put your hands. All of
the nuts and bolts were easy to remove once my new best friend WD-40 was
sprayed on them.

Well, it is time to get out there and start bolting the new stuff in. I'm
taking a picture of the headers and new Y-pipe next to the factory parts and
it will be posted to my web page once all of this is finished up.

John
98 Dakota
installing headers right now!