Re: About to buy a 99 Dakota

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 22:10:06 EST

> I'd have to agree with the dealers here. The sure-grip is an
>excellent option to have, especially if you go with the V8. It helps
>a lot in the rain, and especially in the snow.
>

> -Jon-

I agree on the suregrip option, but I don't know if I'd say it "helps"
in the rain. That depends on what you are looking for, acceleration, or
control. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a suregrip rear, but if I
had one I'd definately have to watch myself alot closer. Break the
tires loose with a suregrip rear on a wet road and you might be going
the oposite direction before you know it. With an open rear like mine
it takes a little more to loose it. I've gotten a fishtail a few rare
times, but on a wet road I can make a turn and punch it and spin my one
tire all the way through the turn and never get off track. For me it
sucks, because I kinda like to be able to kick the rear around if I want
to. But if someone isn't a hot-rodder and wants their truck to be as
easy to drive as possible you might want the open diff. I wouldn't,
but someone else may. Just a counter point I thought I'd throw out
there...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html