Re: RE: DaimlerChrysler takeover site

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 23:35:38 EST

<< I think the merger was pretty much mutual. Chrysler execs didnīt believe
they
 were big enough to survive alone.

 Can you think of a car company youīd rather merge with?

 I canīt.

 Jim >>
Dang it, I didnt want to go there but I have to now! Jim, you are right, DB
is the best company for us to merge with even if it wasnt a merger! =0)
    Chrysler execs KNEW they could survive the future, the question was, for
how long could we keep up our innovative design. There's plenty of money in
the coffers to wheather any unforseeable problems down the road on our own,
but they decided to go it this way. Well, let me correct that, Eaton decided
to go this way. No one knew what was going on until the day before the
announcement. That was when Eaton told the executive staff and the rest of us
at the Tech center found out when everyone else did. Real hush hush. Wonder
why?
Eric