Re: About to buy a 99 Dakota- get the V8 and lim. slip.

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 16:14:26 EST

In a message dated 1/2/99 9:13:00 PM Central Standard Time, Jetmugg@aol.com
writes:

<< You'll never be sorry that you got the v8 and the sure-grip rearend. I'd
also
 recommend the deepest (lowest) rearend available. Again, you'll never go
 wrong by getting the most powerful combo.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with the V8 and the sure-grip. I wouldn't say the
same about the lowest (numerically highest) rearend though. Sure it's faster,
but higher rpm's result in worse gas mileage, decreased engine longevity, and
slower cruise speeds (if you're trying to minimize fuel costs). I guess it all
depends on what kind of driving you do most. I do mainly interstate driving,
and I've sometimes wished that I had some taller gears (numerically smaller),
but that's just me.

Jeff