RE: Introduction + questions

From: David Cross (david@bdanet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 11:46:55 EST

On Monday, January 04, 1999 12:31 AM, brian duffey
[SMTP:brian.duffey@intelsat.int] wrote:
> Hey Dave,
>
> Welcome & congrats on the new DAK.
> I've been seeing a fair number of new DAKS in the DC area lately, I'm
in
> Arlington & there are a few other DML'ers in the Wash/Balt area.

Cool . . . I have seen a few DAKs myself now that I'm a new owner.

> As others have said, Summit is a good choice if you don't mind mail
order
> for parts.
> If you like to knock around in speed shops, you could try Speed
Unlimited in
> Morningside, Md. (across from Andrews AFB).

Thanks for the recommendations.

> Also, as a general FYI for D.C./VA. DAK owners. I've recently been
using
> High Tech 4x4 & Performance Auto in Chantilly to get some work done.

Thanks again, where in Chantilly? It would be great to have a place to
take the truck other than the dealer. Jerry's Dodge will not get my
business anymore . . . I had the most difficult time getting a bedliner
out of them (Long story short: twice I went to them after they told me
they had it in and twice they told me "oops we f@#ked up an its not in",
taking two days off work to get it).

> No personal affiliation with the above mentioned shop. I'm just a firm

> believer in supporting good reputable shops trying to get by.. AND for

> ratting out all the worthless "professionals" out there.

I appreciate the recommendation and I will till them "Duff sent me!".

> Have fun with your Dak, Dave & let us know where you are.

Thanks, and I live in Herndon, VA off of Centerville Rd.

Dave