Wont shift into O/D.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 12:59:29 EST

I had this exact problem - at first, the trans wouldn't shift into O/D
intermittently, then after a while, not at all. Also, the cruise control
wouldn't work during these same occasions. The fix was farily simple and
cheap - the speed sensor located on the side of the transmission. My truck
has actually been through 3 of them in it's 120,000 mile lifespan. The first
one was under warranty at about 30,000 miles, but the last two have been at my
expense - about $45. I think I'll buy one and keep it with me, they are that
easy to change, and can save you a lot of grief on a long highway trip.

Steve Menendez - 92 CC 5.2 Auto/ 3.55 rears, gibson single exit. (Indiana)