RE: Update on Rattling (cat)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 21:26:42 EST

Hmmmm....Kitty litter???

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Ryan D.
Krokosinski
  Sent: Monday, January 04, 1999 6:40 PM
  To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
  Subject: Re: DML: Update on Rattling (cat)

  It sounds like you've got some "stray cat". (I couldn't resist, sorry)
  Some pieces of the cat have most likely broken loose in there. Take it to
  the dealer to get your freebie. As far as high flow cats go, from what
I've heard
  you'll gain maybe 2-3 horse at best. I think the cash would be better
spent on other
  go-fast goodies.
  Ryan K
  '99 R/T RC

  SmokinDakota wrote:

     Well,I jacked the Dak up and took a look at the Cat. Nothing seems to
be wrong on the outside (no dents) but when I tap it or shake it there is a
rattle inside. What does this mean? I have not noticed any power loss. In
fact, the other night I spanked a Honda Accord v6 not once, not twice, but
thrice, and I had two passengers(xtra 350 lbs) in the truck. What are the
advantages to the high flow cat? I don't plan on doing much racing, except
for those streetlight races. So, I am more concerned about gas milage, but a
little performance never hurts :-) Steven 2mehttp://www.smokindakota.com