MP HiPo computer for '97

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 07:32:35 EST

I have been in search of a hipo computer for my '97 since
I joined the list last September. I may have found one.

I placed my order yesterday and received an e-mail back
saying that they hope to have it today from Mopar Performance.

The computer is for the 1996 Dakota. For the past month,
I've been searching the web to see how all the relevant specs
between the '96 and the '97 stack up. I really didn't find
that much (industrial secrets, I guess) but found enough that
I decided to take the gamble.

One big concern that I had was that Mopar Performance did/does not
list a hipo computer for the 1996! Thanks to Jon S.
and with my web search, I found a site that listed hipo
computers for the 1996 Dakota.

I am almost 100% certain that the '96 computer will work in
the '97 because I received an e-mail yesterday from another company
in Canada that I had e-mailed at Christmas saying that they had
just returned from the holidays, researched their sources and
found that '96 will work on the '97.

If all goes well (fingers/toes and whatever else crossed),
it will have arrived and been tested by me in this white stuff
by next week.

Hoping to post in the positive in the near future.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)